It’s been long time I visited my blog. Today I am sharing special recipe which is veg. enchiladas. It is a perfect combination of tacos and veg. salads. It is healthy and so yummy. I am sure you will like this mouth watering recipe.This recipe requires some basic stuff and it will be ready.
I tried this recipe for Diwali potluck and it was a hit. Everyone liked it. and asked me for the recipe so, thought let me share this with you.
1 cup black beans
2-3 serrano peppers
Garlic powder or 3-4 chopped garlic
Green chillies small can
1 small onion ( optional)
4 soft tacos
enchilada sauce ( 1 small can)
Salt to taste
Frozen corn 1/2 cup
- Heat 2 TBS olive oil in pan and add chopped garlic. If you are using garlic powder than save it for later use.
- Add onion and saute untill it changes the color.
- Add refried beans or if you like whole beans you can use it too.I mashed half can.
- Then add salt to taste
- Add garlic powder if you are using chopped garlic skip this step.
- Add can of green chillies. It gives you spicy flavor.
- Mix it well. and that’s it. You are done with stuffing.
- Now take tacos. Warm it for 30 sec in microwave.Place tacos in plate cover with a plain towel and microwave it. This technique will help to keep tacos soft. You can wrap it in foil and can warm it in oven at 350 f temp for 2-3 min.
- Now, spread enchilada sauce on tacos. and fill the stuffing we made above. and stuff with corn and cheese. Roll it.
- Keep all tacos in baking tray grease with enchilada sauce.
- Place tacos in a plate.
- Cover again with enchilada sauce.
- Lots of cheese and italian dressing.
- Bake it for 30 min or untill cheese melted at 350f.
Now, your veg. enchiladas are ready. I hope you guys will like this. Give it a try.
Note: You can make enchilada sauce at home too.
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose or corn flour or gluten-free flour
- 4 Tbsp. chili powder or red chillies
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 2 cups vegetable stock
Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add flour and stir together over the heat for one minute.
Stir in the remaining seasonings
Then gradually add in the stock
whisking constantly. Reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes until thick.