One recipe that came to my attention recently that was Stir fry Tofu curry.
It is simple to make and very delicious. Usually, you can get stir fry sauce in supermarket but I like to try to make this recipe from scratch and I prepared everything in my home kitchen.
You will need,
2 cup Tofu cubed (Extra firm)
10-12 broccoli florets
1/4 cup cut french beans(Optional)
1/4 cup diced carrots
1/4 cup green peppers
1/4 cup onions
1/4 cup sweet corn
Scallion for garnishing
Ingredients for sauce:
2 tbs Soy sauce
2 tbs chili sauce
1-2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbs vinegar
1/4 tsp garlic powder/minced garlic
1 tsp minnced garlic
2 tsp corn starch
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
Salt to taste
2-3 tbs sesame oil/ olive oil
2 -3 tbs corn starch
Water if required
- In a bowl add all the ingredients for sauce, Mix them well and stir till sugar and corn starch are dissolves. Keep it aside for few mins.
- Remove tofu( Cubed) from package and place it on plate and cover it with towel on both side. Cover tofu with second plate. Put some heavy container or weigh on plate. This step will help to eliminate excess water from tofu.
- After 30 mins place cubed pressed tofu on clean plate and coat it evenly with corn starch.
- Heat 2- tbs oil in a pan, add coated tofu and saute them until it gets brown.
- Remove tofu in a plate once its done.
- In same hot pan add all the vegetables and stir fry them for 2 min.
- Now add sauce that we prepared, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup water, as per required consistency.
- Let them simmer and bring it to a boil. Add salt to taste.
- Add tofu and curry is ready.
- Add roasted crushed peanuts(Optional) and scallions for garnish.
- Enjoy it with Brown or Jasmin rice.