I’ve always been curious to know how anyone can make perfect cake, cupcake or muffins. To know about the tricks and tips in detail, I read so many articles and saw online videos; and they used to say that perfect measurement is the key for perfect cake/ cupcake or muffins. Boom!!! That’s it?!!! That was easy… And, I could not agree more on that because as of now, I have tried so many recipes referring these tips.
I remember the day, I visited my friend once and she prepared blueberry muffins. I was a helping hand while making those muffins. I was observing her, and she was seamlessly preparing batter and baked fresh muffins for me. While we were waiting for muffins to bake,we were chatting and sharing our experiences about cooking and baking. She gave me the confidence that anyone can bake anything, and believe me if you go with the right measurement you will definitely get great results. Then, I got back home and was thinking to bake those muffins for my family. It was my first hands on experience and It was successful. I was so happy and excited; and it gave me a confidence to bake and try more recipes.So, let me share here my recipe for blueberry muffins: The recipe is inspired from http://www.egglesscooking.com/vegan-blueberry-muffins/.
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
3/4 cup +2 tbs Sugar
1 cup Milk
1/3 cup Canola Oil
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tbs Apple Cider Vinegar (White vinegar can be used)
1-1/2 cup Blueberries ( Fresh or Frozen)
1 tbs all purpose flour for coating blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Grease muffin tins. If you have silicon tin no need to grease them.
- In a bowl, combine together flour, baking soda and salt
- Take another bowl, combine the sugar, milk, oil, vanilla extract, and vinegar. Mix them well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stir until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Coat berries using all purpose flour. Gently fold in the berries in a mixture using a rubber spatula.
- Fill the muffin tins about 2/3rds full.
- Bake until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, it will take about 20-23 minutes.But keep an eye on this. You do not want to over cook muffins, and temperature varies oven to oven,
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. After that remove the muffins from the tins and cool on a wire rack.