Bruschetta is one of the easiest recipes, I used to prepare on weekends. I used to buy ready to eat french fries to make a combo with sandwiches or bruschetta. but this time I tried something healthy that is homemade sweet potato fries. I like the taste of sweet potatoes so, I like to replace potatoes with sweet potatoes in curries as well.
1 French bread or Any Italian Loaf
6-7 Cherry Tomatoes
2 Tbs Minced Garlic
1-2 Tbs Extra virgin Olive Oil
8-10 Fresh Basil Leaves
1 Tsp Vinegar
1 Tsp Salt
Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven at 450°F.
- Cut the bread to 1/2 inch slices. Brush each side with olive oil and place them on baking sheet. Toast them to 5-6 mins or until it gets lightly browned around edges.
- Meanwhile, Chop tomatoes and place them in medium bowl.
- Stir in Olive oil, Vinegar, Garlic, salt, black pepper and chopped basil.
- After bread is done place them on serving plate. Add 1-2 tbs of tomato mixture onto the brown slices, And bruschetta is ready to eat.
Sweet Potato Fries:
4-5 Sweet Potatoes
2-3 tbs olive oil
1 tsp Minced dried garlic
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp red chili powder or paprika
Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Peel and slice potatoes into 1/4-inch long slices, then cut them 1/4-wide inch strips.
- In a bowl toss all the seasoning ingredients with potatoes strips. Make sure all the strips are coated well.
- Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper. Spread single layer of potato strips on a parchment paper.
- Bake until potatoes are golden brown in color. Turn them occasionally. It may take up to 20 minutes.
- And sweet potato fries are ready to serve.