I am travelling a lot and like to carry home made food on the drive. I am always looking for an option which I can make quickly and easy to grab for my long drive. And most imporantly the ingredients should be readily available in my pantry. Dry and cold snacks are the best to go option. Usually I make sandwiches but this time I wanted to bring something different. You know, It’s always good to have some change in your routine.
This time, I had some left over garbanzo beans in my fridge and I wanted to use them. I can make many different varieties out of these beans. You have lot of options, but beans were very little in quantity so, I wanted to make bean patties and I can use them for “Crunchy Wrap”.You might have heard about Kathi roll or Frankie, this wrap would be similar to these. I used lot of vegetables in it as a filling. It is so quick and easy to make.
You will need:
1/2 cup Garbanzo beans
2 tsp Gram flour (Besan)
1 tbs Corn Starch
Salt to taste
2 pinch Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp Chili powder or paprika or Chili Flakes
1/2 Finely chopped Tomato or Onion (You can add any vegetables to it)
2 Tbs Oil
- Mash the Beans and mix all the ingredients in a bowl except oil.
- Combine everything togather and make patties.
- Heat a pan and add some oil.
- Once oil is hot, put the patties on a pan and cook them on both the sides.
- Once it’s done, remove them and transfer them on a plate.
1/2 Cup Sliced Carrot
1/2 Cup Sliced Onions/ Green Bell Pepper
1/2 Cup Shredded Cabbage
2-3 Tbs Thousand Island Dressing
1/2 tsp Dried Basil Leaves
Salt to Taste
- In a bowl mix everything togather. and filling is ready.
- Any tortillas can be used. Ready made wraps/ Chapatis/ Parathas/ Corn tortillas whichever is handy.
- Take a wrap, spread hot sauce on it.
- Put patties which are prepared, now add filling. You can add cheese,yogurt or Dried basil leaves on top of the filling as well, roll the wrap.
- This wrap can be serve hot or cold.
- For hot wraps , you can apply butter on both the sides and grill them until golden brown in color.
It’s ready to eat. You can make them for potluck parties and evening snacks as well. Kids will love them. Try it at home.