I was passing by all the isles and went through the Asian Section in wall-mart. I found variety of sauces, dressings, toppings, oils and noodles in that section. I grabbed a pack of Chow-mein noodles and the next thing came to my mind was “Indian Style Chinese bhel”. I still remember the taste of the Chinese bhel at Roadside Stalls. Nothing can beat that. It tastes spicy and tangy. Delicious!!!That indo-chinese taste, you cannot find anywhere. There is lot of work to fry noodles at home. You need to boil them, then drain the water and fry them. Of course, ready made fried noodles taste different than home made noodles, but I like to use them in my salad bowl.
I am sharing here, noodles salad and this salad can be prepared in two ways. 1. Hot Salad and 2. Cold Salad. Moreover, I used the same ingredients that should be added in Chinese bhel. So, let’s begin.
1-1/2 Cups Fried Noodles
2 Cups Shredded Cabbage
1 cup thinly sliced Carrots
1/2 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper.
1/4 Cup chopped onions
Cilantro for toppings
1/2 cup sprouts(Optional)
2- Finely chopped Green onions(Scallions)
2 Tbs Red Chilli Sauce
1 Tbs Soy Sauce
1 Tbs Tomato Ketchup
Pinch of Chilli Flakes
1 tsp Vinegar
1 Tbs Schezwan Sauce (Optional)
Salt to taste
Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- Whisk all the ingredients(Under Dressing) in a bowl. Mix them well and keep it aside.
- Add all the ingredients (mentioned under Salad ) in a bowl except noodles.
- Mix them well. and now add noodles onto it.
- Top it up with the dressing. mix everything and it’s ready to serve.
- Heat a pan. Add 1 tsp oil, Add cabbage, green pepper, Carrots, Chopped onion( Don’t add Scallions now).
- Roast them for 2-3 min.
- Now, add noodles and dressing sauce.
- Mix them well with the spatula.
- Once salad coated with the sauce remove salad from the pan.
- Serve hot.
Note: Noodle should be added right before serving in a plate. If you add them at early stage, it will not taste as crunchy as it should be.