Beans, legumes, and lentils are the healthier ingredients in salad. It makes salad tasty. Well, lentils and beans are used for curries and Daal. And Sprouted beans can be used in many ways such as; in sandwiches, wraps, Chinese dishes, salads, soups and many more. Well, recently I have used sprouted mung beans for salad and it came out so well. I usually make soup out of sprouted beans but this time I wanted to try something else and used them in salad. I used some interesting ingredients like red seedless grapes and blueberries. I like to sprout mung beans at home only, but readily available sprouts can also be used for this recipe.I like the raw version of sprouted mung beans but these sprouts can be boiled well and use them in various recipes. (See the tips below)
2 cups sprouted mung beans
1/2 cup seedless red grapes cut in halves
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup Masala peanuts
3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped cucumbers
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
1/2 tsp chat Masala
Pinch of cumin powder(Optional)
1 tbs finely chopped cilantro
1 tsp honey (Optional)
- Take all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix them well.
- Serve immediately and enjoy vegetarian healthy eating.
- Tips: If you want some sweet taste, can add honey in salad.
- Raw sprouts can be used in salad. But if you want; you can boil them in hot water for 10 min. Drain the excess water and let the sprouts dry, and use them in salad.
- For Masala Peanut: Roast peanuts in microwave for 2-3 min. Toss them over in between 30 sec. cycles. Keep an eye on it,we do not want to burn them. Once it’s done. In a small pan add 1-2 tsp oil, heat them up. Add black salt powder,ground black paper, chili powder. pinch of asafoetida, turmeric powder and salt to taste. After 30 sec, add roasted peanuts and mix them well. Turn off the heat.
With Love ~PS