This is the best and easy snack to prepare for potluck or for social gathering. The best part is you can buy ready made puff pastry sheets from any grocery store. And ingredients for stuffing are easy to find and quick to make. I like this recipe because it requires less oil and tastes delicious. A crispy outer layer and spicy stuffing would be a great combination to have them with tea or coffee and perfect for weekday evening snack.
You will need:
Puff Pastry sheets
2 tsp oil
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ medium sized onion, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
½ cup green peas
1 carrot, finely chopped (Optional)
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp red chili powder
salt to taste
½ tsp Garam Masala
½ tsp dry mango powder
2 medium sized potato, boiled, peeled & mashed
2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
Let’s make it:
- Take a pan, heat the oil and add cumin seeds. Once it’s golden brown color add ginger garlic paste. Saute them for a minute.
- Add Onions. once they change the color to light brown, add mashed potatoes, peas.
- Now, add garam masala, dry mango powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt. Mix them well. You can add lemon juice instead of dry mango powder.
- Once the mixture is hot and mixed well, add chopped coriander leaves.
- Once the mixture is done, transfer them to a bowl. Let them set aside and cool them completely.
- Now, take the pastry sheet and roll to thin and uniform sheet.
- Cut to square pieces or rectangle shape.
- Place the prepared stuffing in the center, fold half, press and seal the sides with the fork.
- Place in the baking tray.
- Brush the puff with butter, you can skip butter and bake them, but butter gives the golden color to the pockets.
- Bake the puffs in preheated oven at 350 F degrees for 15-20minutes.
- And veg puffs or veg pockets are ready to serve.