As I promised in my previous post, here, I am writing about Instant Mawa peda recipe. This peda is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s Diwali, New Year or baby shower. This is the prefect gift idea. Recently, I have been to my cousin’s baby shower function. The function was so well organized and they prepared gift boxes for friends and family, this box had cookies, chocolates, sweets and dry fruits. I liked the idea of adding homemade sweets in the box. As a token of saying thank you to everyone, this could be the best gift for any occasion or festival. My sister prepared this Instant mawa peda and wrapped them in decorative goodie bags. It was delicious to taste and it was perfectly sweetened to satisfy your cravings for sweets…:P…. Moreover, it can be prepared in no time. Well, the best part is it requires only 2 ingredients, which are readily available in any super stores.
1 1/2 Cup Crumbled Mawa or Khoya
1/2 Can Condensed Milk
1 tsp Cardamom powder(Optional)
2 tbs Milk and 2-3 strands of Kesar (Optional)
3 tbs Cocoa Powder
Let’s Make it:
- In a bowl add warm milk and kesar. let them sit for few mins.
- Heat the pan and add Condensed milk and Khoya. Make sure khoya is at room temperature and crumbled. Once it’s at room temperature, measure them and add them with condensed milk to a heated pan.
- Add cardamom powder and kesar milk as well.
- At medium flame mix everything well. It should be solid in texture and eventually it will turn to a smooth paste. Keep stirring until you get the desired texture. Do not heat them too much otherwise mixture will become dry. This process takes max 10 min. of your time.
- Switch off the flame. and let the mixture cool completely.
- If you want to make chocolate peda, this is the time you should add cocoa powder to the mixture, and mix everything well.
- Now, grease your palm with Ghee, take a spoonful of a mawa mixture and shape them. Decorate them with dry fruits.
- Instant Mawa peda is now ready.