Today’s recipe is everyone’s favorite. and easy to make. It has minimum ingredients and perfect for kids lunch ideas or for potluck or for party ideas. Bread is one of the most commonly used bakery products which are widely used in making variety of dishes. Bread is used for breakfast, snacks, Lunch or even for desserts. By swapping and mixing multiple ingredients sandwiches can be prepared and served according to your dietary preferences. Now a days, There are many types of breads available in the supermarkets. I prefer multi grain bread which has more dietary fibers and gains which can add more nutrient value to your daily intake.
For this recipe, you can use fresh or canned pineapple slices, whichever you like. If you want to use fresh pineapple then you have to cook them first and then prepare pineapple filling for this sandwich. I used green coriander chutney as a spread. This chutney can readily be available at any Indian grocery stores. or you can make this at home. All you need to do is in a blender take coriander leaves, green chilies, sugar, lemon juice, salt to taste and cumin seeds. Grind them and make a paste.
1 Cup Pineapple chunks
1/2 cup cream cheese
1 Jalapeno pepper finely chopped
2 Tbs Shredded Cheddar cheese(Optional)
1 Tsp Red chili flakes
1/2 tsp Dried basil or Oregano leaves
Salt to taste
4-5 Tbs Coriander Chutney
4 Bread Slices and butter for grilling the sandwich
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients except Coriander Chutney.
- Take 2 bread slices, apply coriander chutney on one side of the each bread.
- Now, fill the prepared filling in between the slices.
- Spread the butter on top of the slices.
- In a preheated grill, place the sandwich carefully with buttered side facing at the bottom. Now, spread butter on the top side facing you.
- Grill them in oven or on non stick pan or in sandwich maker until its crisp and golden.
- Serve hot with tomato Ketchup or Green chutney.