Today’s dish is Fried Rice. An Indo-Chinese version, which is everyone’s favorite. It tastes so well that I can eat them without any gravy or curry. I would love to add some vegetables so, that way my family can have some additional amount of veggies. This colorful rice dish is very easy to make with few ingredients. I like to add carrots, peas, green bell peppers, onions and sometimes french beans as well. The most important ingredient is scallion, for garnishing. It really enhances the taste.it can also be added while cooking rice with veggies. This is the egg free version, so I could say this is the best vegetarian crowd pleasing dish.
You will need:
3 cups of Cooked Long grain or Basmati Rice or any rice of your choice
2-3 Tbs Oil
1 small onion Finely chopped
1 Cup Peas, Beans,green bell peppers and carrots
2-3 Tbs Soy Sauce
2-3 Tbs Red Chilli Sauce
2 Tbs Green Onions Chopped for garnishing
Salt to taste
- Preheat a Skillet or wok or pan to medium Heat. Add Oil into the pan.
- Add onions, peas, Green Bell Peppers, Carrots and Green Beans. Fry them until tender.
- Now, add cooked rice to the veggie mixture.
- Pour soy sauce and red chili sauce on top of the veggies and rice mixture, Also, add salt to taste. Stir and fry the mixture. It must be combined and heated enough. Close the lid and cook them for about a minute or two at lower flame.
- Fried rice is ready to serve. Transfer to a bowl and garnish it with chopped green onions.