I’ve never thought that Burrito bowl would be so easy to make at home.I love burrito bowl and whenever I had the option of choosing Mexican lunch/dinner entree, I would prefer to have Chipotle Burrito Bowl. It has many veggies which I like, and It’s the best option for Veggie Mexican food lovers. I always thought this needs way more preparation, until when I tried at my brother’s place. We had burrito bowl for dinner, surprisingly, my sister-in-law have made them at home for us and I loved it. I had conversation with my SIL, and she convinced me that this is very easy recipe and I should try this recipe at home. Good thing for this recipe is: You always have the option to buy ready-made preparations. Such as Salsa and/or Guacamole.But believe me, It’s so easy to make in no time. I have already shared both the recipes in my blog posts- for 5 min Blender salsa and Avocado Dip, which is perfect for any season or occasion. The other preparation is to season Black Beans and make Fajitas. Here, I am ready to share the easiest version of making “Chipotle” style Burrito Bowl at home.
You will need:
1 Can Black Beans ( Or 2 Cups of Black Beans Soaked overnight and cook them in pressure cooker on medium heat until you hear 4 whistles)
1 Jalapeno/Serrano Pepper Finely Chopped (Optional)
1 Cup Homemade Salsa
1 Tbs Taco Seasoning Mix
1 Cup Shredded Lettuce
2 Cup Cooked Brown Rice
1/2 Cup Boiled Corn
1/2 Cup Shredded Mexican Cheddar Cheese
Coriander Leaves finely Chopped for Garnishing
1-2 Tsp Olive Oil
1/2 Onion Thinly Sliced
1/2 Green Bell Pepper Thinly Sliced
Salt to taste
Pinch of Black Pepper
Pinch of Dried Parsley/Basil Leaves
- Heat the Pan on medium heat, add all the ingredients required for Fajitas.
- At higher medium heat, cook them until Onion are dark brown in color.
- Now, transfer the fajitas in a bowl.
- In a same pan add black beans, salt, taco seasoning Mix. Cook them for 4-5minutes. Adjust the consistency by adding water. Mix them well. Black Bean mixture is ready. Switch off the flame.
- Now, all the preparations are done. Let’s combine everything and make a burrito bowl.
- In a serving bowl, add 1/2 cup Cooked Rice, then add required quantity of Beans,fajitas, salsa, Guacamole, cheese, Corn, chopped chillies and coriander leaves. Top everything one by one as per your taste.
- And Burrito Bowl is ready. Enjoy this delicious entree with Tortilla Chips and Salsa.