Today’s recipe is one my favorite pasta recipes. Typically, when I go out I have to have very limited options to choose from…Because I like to have less cheese in my pasta dish. Well, I know Pasta and cheese is the best combination, So, I rather choose to make my own version of pasta which will have less cheese and my favorite pasta sauce. I shared my version of Pasta salad in my previous blogs, which is one of my favorites. It has the strong mint flavor and olive oil dressing. So, crunchy and simply delicious, if you like to have cold salad in summer time; for dinner or lunch.
Here, I am sharing one more pasta recipe. It has the heat and flavor from the chili flakes with added nutrients from various vegetables. Well, for this I used store bought pesto sauce. I am so lazy to make pesto at home, though it is so easy to make. You have to add bunch of basil leaves, olive oil, pine nuts, one or two garlic cloves(Optional) and salt to taste in a blender and tada… pesto is ready to use. And the main ingredient Pasta..I got it from Trader Joe’s. It labelled as Vegetable Radiator …Interesting right!!!! So, I thought.. And I bought it.
3 Cups of Colorful Pasta of your choice ( I Bought from Trader Joe’s)
3/4 Cup Pesto or Enough to coat Pasta
1 Tbs Olive Oil
2 Tbs Red Chili Flakes( According to taste)
1 Cup chopped Carrots, Green Or colorful Bell Pepper
Handful of Shredded Cheese ( According to taste)
Salt to taste
- Cook/Boil Pasta as per the instruction given on the package.
- Take the Non- Stick pan and add Olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add chili flakes and vegetables.
- Saute the chilies and vegetables for a minute or two on medium heat. You can add more oil if you find vegetables are sticking to a pan.
- Saute the vegetables until it gets tender.
- Now, add pesto and salt to taste. Mix everything well.
- Add cooked pasta and cheese, mix them until pasta is well coated.
- Serve hot with your favorite side dish.
Follow me on Facebook