When you go to India you will find roadside food stalls. Every state or city has variety of food options and signature dishes that are so famous that foodies would love to explore every options while they travel. I remember my school days, In summer vacation we used to roam and travel around different places for family and social gatherings. But I bet there was no such places where I can not find veg. Sandwich for snack. Even every restaurant, cafeteria, food stalls, or food lodges have to have this option on their menu list. Well, today, I am sharing the recipe which is famous as Bombay Sandwich in India. This homemade version is so easy to make and I must say if you want more healthier version you can always substitute white bread to Multi-Grain Bread.
8 Bread Slices
1 Cucumber, Peeled and sliced (Seedless/English Cucumber can be used)
2 Large Tomatoes,Thinly Sliced
1 small Red onion, Thinly Sliced
1 Large Boiled Potato, Thinly Sliced
1 Large Cooked Beetroot,Thinly Sliced
2 Tbs Chaat Masala (Ground Black Salt and Black Pepper Mix can be used)
2 Tbs Butter
1/2 Cup of Coriander Green Chutney
4 Cheese Slices (Optional)
Chips and Tomato Ketchup
- Prepare Green chutney and set aside.
- Lay all the bread slices and apply butter followed by coriander chutney on each slice to cover entire slice.
- Layer all the vegetables mentioned above one by one in following order in desired quantity: Cucumber, Tomatoes, Potatoes, Beetroots and onions(Optional).
- Sprinkle chaat Masala between each layer. Complete layering and sprinkle pinch of chaat Masala on top of all the vegetables.
- Cover with the top slice of buttered bread.
- Cut in half and serve with tomato Ketchup and potato chips.