It’s always difficult to find meatless options in delicious burger chains. But some of the restaurants now happy to serve meatless, or vegan options to please and attract vegan/vegetarian crowd. Not only in restaurants but also in supermarket, we can find many varieties in organic and meatless sections. From last few years, quinoa bean patties were quite famous on social media for healthy substitute to any delicious burger. These egg-free, healthy black bean patties are full of variety of vegetables and easy to make. You can half bake them and can be stored in the freeze for long time. In my earlier post I have shared Kaiser roll Sandwich recipe, in which I’ve used ready to eat frozen veggie patties, but this Black bean patties taste much better than readymade one’s.
1/2 Cup Quinoa
1/2 Cup Oat Flour
1 Cup Cooked Black Beans
1 Small Onion Finely Chopped
1/2 Bell Pepper Finely Chopped
1/4 Cup Steamed Corn
1/2 Cup Mashed potatoes
1 tbs Garlic Powder
1 Jalapeno Pepper finely chopped
1 Tsp chili powder
1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
Salt to Taste
1/4 -1/2 Bread Crumbs
1 tbs Ground Flax Mixed with 3 Tbs water
1 tbs Olive Oil
- Measure Quinoa and cook them as per direction. Let it cool completely.
- Simultaneously, Mix the Ground flax with water in a bowl, and keep it aside.
- Now, if you do not have oat flour, you can make it at home. Grind Quick oats in a grinder and measure the desired quantity.
- Now, in a nonstick pan heat 1 Tablespoon of oil. Once hot, add finely chopped onions. In a minute or two add bell pepper, Jalapeno peppers. Cook until onions are translucent. Once everything cooked turn the heat off.
- Now, in a big mixing bowl add quinoa, onion mixture that prepare earlier, Flax eggs, mashed potatoes and all the spices. Mix everything well.
- If the mixture is not firm in texture and difficult to make a patty, then add bread crumbs. It will help to bind the mixture.
- Now, form burger patties depending on desired size and shape. Keep them in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat Oven to 375 F. Grease the baking sheet.
- After 30 minutes, place all the patties on greased baking sheet, bake for 20 minutes. Flip and again bake them for 20-30 more minutes or until it browned.
- Serve them on Hamburger bun or Kaiser roll with your favorite dressings or toppings.
- These patties can be stored in airtight container or in Ziploc bags for a week in refrigerator.