Tofu is an essential ingredient for any Thai dish. It can also be substituted with Paneer (Cottage cheese). Well, nothing can beat the taste of Paneer but for Tofu lovers this recipe could be the game changer. Traditional bland taste of Tofu can be sometimes too boring to add as a main ingredient. The Sriracha tofu is so easy to make and can be served as appetizer with your favorite Mint Coriander Chutney or Chat Masala. This delicious tofu can be added to any of your favorite Thai dish. I love to add them in Red Thai Curry Noodles Noodles. So, let’s make it.
1 Pack of Organic Extra Firm Tofu (Can be used cubed)
4 Tbs Sriracha Sauce
1 Tbs Corn Starch
1 Tbs Soy Sauce
Pinch of Garlic Powder (Optional)
- First, unpack the tofu and drain the excess water. Now, place the tofu on microwave safe plate, cover with another microwave safe plate.
- Microwave them for 2 min. You will see the excess water coming out of tofu.
- Remove the excess water and now place the tofu on paper towel. Press them with another paper towel. This process will help to eliminate water as much as possible from tofu.
- Now, cut them in desire size. and keep them aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, take Sriracha Sauce, Corn Starch, Soy Sauce and Garlic Powder.
- Mix everything well and break the lumps of the corn starch with the spoon. Make sure the mixture is well combined and smooth.
- Now, dip pre-cut tofu slices in prepared sriracha mixture. Coat them well. and transfer them to baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake them for 15 -20 mins on one side, flip them and bake the other side for 15- 20 mins. and delicious Sriracha flavored Tofu is ready to serve.
Now, on Cookpad