4 Medium Size Ripe Bananans
1 1/2 Cup Whole wheat Flour
1/2 Cup Quick Oats
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Canola oil
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 to 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
1/4 Tsp Nutmeg Powder (Optional)
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
Pinch of Salt
1/2 Cup Shelled Walnuts
1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Meanwhile grease a loaf pan with some butter.
- Take bananas and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Mash them with spatula or you can use hand blender. Mash them until sugar completely dissolves and incorporates.
- Now, add oil, Vanilla extract to the banana mixture. And mix them well.
- In a medium bowl, measure and sieve the flour with baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, salt.
- Now, transfer the dry ingredients to the banana mixtures.
- Using folding-cut-folding method, mix the whole mixture.Do not over mix.
- After everything mixed evenly, incorporate walnuts and chocolate chips, and again mix everything.
- Transfer this into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 30-40 min. or until toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean.
- Transfer the banana bread on cooling rack and let them cool for 10 min.
- Slice them and serve warm with hot cup of coffee or tea.
- This can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for longer period of time.
*This recipe is partially adapted from vegrecipes of India.