Today’s recipe is one my favorites. I don’t know where did I find this recipe, but it’s my family’s most demanding meal. This recipe is my go-to recipe, when I am in hurry or wanna pack a lunch in no time with nothing left over in the fridge. As my readers know how much I like to make homemade dressings, one of them is peanut dressing with cold salad. I have already shared Peanut dressing recipe in my earlier post, and it was a big hit. It is exciting that now I am getting to reach to more audience through Foodgawker and Cookpad, if you did not get the chance to visit these sites, please do so!!!!..You will be thrilled.
So, now back to today’s recipe. You will need couple of ingredients which may already be available on your pantry shelves or in fridge. Wraps or tortilla , you can make at home, or you may find many options in any grocery stores nearby. So, without any wait let me guide you through ingredient list.
2 no. Spinach wraps (Or any flavor or type of your wraps)
Few Fresh Spinach leaves (Optional)
2 Cups Shredded Cabbage
1 Medium Carrrot Julienned
1/4 Cup Edamame Beans
Salt to Taste
Ground Black Pepper
2 Tbs of Dried Cranberries
2 Tbs of Roasted Peanuts
Few Wonton Strips
1/2 Cup Peanut Sauce
- In a colander or strainer take thinly sliced/shredded Cabbage. Add 1/2 Tsp of Salt.
- Mix it well. Keep it aside for atleast 15 minutes.
- As we added salt to the mixture, this process will help to release water from cabbage.
- After 15 min. sequeeze out the excess water by pressing the shredded cabbage by hand. And transfer them to a medium mixing bowl. Add Carrots and Cooked Edamame Beans(Cook the beans as per the direction mentioned on the package).
- Sprinkle ground black pepper and mix everything well.
- Place a wrap on microwave safe plate. Microwave it for 30 sec.
- Now, spread peanut sauce and place 2-3 Spinach leaves and cabbage mixture in a line, leaving more than half of the tortills free on the top and few inches free on each side.
- Top it up with roasted peanuts, dried cranberries and few wonton strips.
- Now, add 1 tbs of Peanut sauce on top of the mixture.
- And fold in sides, bring the bottom flap and continue to roll until whole filling is secured.
- Cut them in half and serve cold with peanut sauce.