When its winter or rainy season, anyone would crave for spicy, hot food platter. Today’s recipe is one of the recipes, which is loved by everyone and Like me I am sure, you would never get bored of this mouthwatering Manchurian. For healthy eaters may be this is not an ideal healthy dish to have, but on cheat day I would love to take a bite of it. Well, Indo-Chinese Manchurian is one of the popular meals served in any Indian restaurant as an appetizer or side dish. I would love to have this with hot bowl of Veg. Fried Rice or Plain white rice. It’s the perfect combination of variant flavors. The aroma from fried crispy cauliflower and garlic while making gravy, nothing can beat that flavor. At first, I was hesitant to make this at home, as I assumed it may be time consuming but after making this I am sure it will be on my menu list on every occasion.
1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
4 Tbs Corn Flour
Salt to Taste
1 Tsp Chili Powder
1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
1/4 Cup to 1/2 Cup water to adjust consistency
4 -5 Cup Cauliflower florets
Oil for Frying
3 Tbs Oil
6 Garlic cloves finely chopped
3 Tbs Tomato Ketchup
3 Tbs Soy Sauce
4 Tbs Chili Sauce
2 Tbs Vinegar
Green Onions for garnishing
- Take one small cauliflower, cut them in small florets. Wash them thoroughly. After washing them, transfer them to a cotton kitchen towel. Let them dry for at least half an hour.
- In a bowl take All purpose flour, corn flour, salt, Chili Powder and ground black pepper. Add water to the mixture to adjust the consistency. Add little water at a time, we need medium consistency.
- Now, in a heavy bottom pan take oil and heat it up on medium flame.
- Meanwhile add cauliflower florets to the batter. Coat them and add them to the pan. Fry them on both the sides until golden brown in color. Transfer them to paper towel.
- Once frying is done, remove the oil pan from the stove. And now, heat up the flat bottom pan with 3 Tbs of oil. Once oil is hot enough add chopped garlic. Saute them for a minute.
- Now, add Soy Sauces, Chili Sauce, Vinegar and Ketchup. Add fried cauliflower to the pan and salt to taste. Mix them until cauliflower dumplings get evenly coated.
- And hot Cauliflower Manchurian is ready to serve. Use finely chopped green onions for garnishing.