Snowing outside, lazy weekend locked in-between the four walls, unexpected weather, yet driveway needs to be cleaned and mind and body want the hot cup of elixir to push myself to come out of the cozy relaxing space. Thinking on the couch, what can easily be made and what I have in my pantry??!!! A week before, I got the sweet potato which was sitting idle in my pantry, and forced me to make something out of it,under this weather I’d like to make soup then curry or stew. This was my first trial and now I would definitely like to add this in my go-to recipe list for wintry nights.
In addition to sweet potato, perfect amount of roasted sweet pepper, carrots and garlic make this soup more delicious and flavorful. You’ll never go wrong with these healthy ingredients. So, I am in for this hot bowl of soup? and You??? Let’s make this healthy recipe. It’s so easy to make, that you just have to throw everything on baking sheet pan and roast them for half an hour. Add in Veg.Broth or Water, blend, pass through the strainer, and done.
- 1 Medium size Sweet Potato
- 1 Medium Carrot
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper
- 6 Tbs Olive Oil or Butter
- 5-6 Finely Chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 Small Red Onion
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 Tsp Grated Ginger
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1/4 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Cup Vegetable Broth or Water
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Wash, Peel the skins of Sweet Potato and Carrot. Cut them into pieces and coat them with olive oil and salt.
- Wash Red Pepper and cut it into half. Coat them with olive oil.
- Throw carrot, sweet potato, red pepper and garlic gloves onto baking sheet pan.
- Roast them for 35-40 Min. or until golden Brown in color.
- Now, let it cool down for few min.
- Remove the skin of bell pepper and cut them into small pieces.
- Now take a deep pan on medium flame, take 2 tbs of olive oil saute finely chopped onions and grated ginger until it’s golden brown.
- Now, throw in roasted sweet potato, carrot, garlic and bell pepper. Add a cup of water or vegetable broth. Cook them for 5 min.
- Switch off the flame. blend everything using hand blender. Pass it through strainer.
- Transfer it to the pot, add spices and salt to taste. Heat it up again, if you want you can add water to adjust the consistency. Let it boil for few mins.
- Serve hot in a bowl, top it up with plain yogurt.
Follow me on Instagram @Pspiceinthebox for latest updates.