Mexican food is one of our favorites, and we never miss a chance to make it at home with different ingredients. To fulfill our love and craving for Mexican food, we love to cook various dishes at home on Fridays; Rather eating out every weekend. And homemade is the best as always !!!.No doubt….. So, every week when I go for grocery shopping Avocados will always be on top of my must buy list.
Last weekend I made some crunchy tacos for this I used black beans and some veggies for stuffing, Avocado fries and homemade spicy healthy avocado dressing. And for make them extra crunchy I toasted the tacos on nonstick pan with little bit of butter to grease them. And surprisingly, the result was amazing; which I didn’t expect. But it gave me the confidence to play with the various ingredients to make the dish healthier and tastier.
For Avocado Fries:
- 2 Avocados (Ripe but not too soft)
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- 4-5 Tbs Whole Milk
- 1 Tsp All purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 1 Tbs Chickpea flour ( Optional * See the notes)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
For Taco Stuffing:
- 6 Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 1 Tsp Olive oil
- 1 Zucchini Finely Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Green Bell Pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup Cooked black beans
- 2 Tbs Corn Kernels
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbs Taco Seasoning
- Pickled Jalapeno
- Mexican Four cheese
For Avocado Dressing:
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Serrano Chilies or Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 Tsp Yogurt
- 1 Tbs Lime Juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Ranch dressing mix
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a bowl add milk, Oil, all purpose flour and chickpea flour ( if u don’t want to add chickpea flour then skip it and add 1/2 tsp all purpose flour instead) mix everything well, make sure there is no lumps.
- On another plate take panko breadcrumbs, salt to taste, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Cut the avocados in equal slices/Wedges. Dip each pieces in milk mixture and then in panko mixture.
- Arrange each slices on baking sheet and bake them for 10 to 15 min or until its golden brown in color.
- In a non stick pan add olive oil. Once oil is hot enough add all the veggies- Zucchini, bell pepper, red onions, black beans, tomatoes and corn kernels. Roast them for a min.
- Now, add salt and taco seasoning. Mix everything well. Cook it for 3-4 mins and switch off the flame.
- In a blender add everything and blend it well until you get smooth texture. You can adjust consistency by adding water to it. If you want the extra spicy sauce add Serrano chilies with the seeds.
Final Step to prepare Crunchy Tacos:
- Heat the non stick skillet on lower medium flame. Once the skillet is hot enough add little bit of butter and place tortilla on it.
- Take a spoonful of dressing and spread them evenly, add a tablespoon of stuffing that you prepared.
- Now, place 2 piece of avocado fries, add little bit of avocado sauce.
- Add shredded cheese and a piece of pickled jalapeno on top of it.
- Cook them until the cheese melts. Wrap/fold the tortilla (the way you like to serve) and serve with additional avocado sauce on the side.
Happy Cooking 🙂